Seeking physicians in Radiation-Oncology to join established yet growing practice in Bowling Green, Kentucky. We are a great hospital-based practice with plenty of volume and a diversity of cases. We provide comprehensive therapy options to the southwest and central parts of Kentucky. Med Center Health is equipped with 2 linear accelerators with future upgrade to a new state of the art TrueBeam unit, full on site physics and dosimetry support and a dedicated HDR brachytherapy team. A brand new HDR suite for complex procedures including GYN and GU HDR brachytherapy will soon be available and allow us to continue to build the brachytherapy program. We are teamed with University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center to provide patients with easier access to clinical trials. We are a close knit and dedicated team that strives to treat each patient like family. Join a practice where you will be influential from day one and build a legacy for the community here.
- Well-established hospital based practice at community-academic medical center, with satellite University of Kentucky medical campus (30 students per class), 5 residencies, 3 fellowships, and a nursing school
- Part of the UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network. This will allow patients to access major clinical trials close to home. Medical oncology have several trials ongoing and we will be looking at opportunities for radiation trials.
- The hospital-based medical oncology practice has 4 physicians and there are strong internal referrals from multiple specialties, including medical oncology, neurosurgery, ENT, pulmonology, thoracic surgery, and general surgery, as well as external referrals.
- Emphasis on team-based, collaborative, multidisciplinary care, with opportunities for early career leadership and professional development
- HDR with Varian Bravos for prostate and GYN, looking to further develop skin brachytherapy (interest in brachy is important)
- RAI and possible additional unsealed sources in the future
- Current technology: Varian IX with ExacTrac for SRS and Trilogy, BrainLab, Aria, Eclipse, MIM, CT sim, ample access to PET and MRI for simulation/ diagnostics
- Excellent support staff of nurses (2), physicists (2), dosimetrists (3), radiation therapists (5), and administrative professionals in a fun, collegial atmosphere
- Teaching opportunities with residents and medical students
- ACR Accredited
- Upcoming Dedicated HDR suite in 2024
- Upcoming Varian Truebeam Linac in 2024
Med Center Health offers a strong compensation package that includes: competitive salary, production/quality bonus potential, starting bonus, relocation allowance, visa sponsorship, CME, comprehensive health benefits, student loan forgiveness, residency stipends, retirement savings plan with match, and malpractice with tail coverage.
About Med Center Health:
Med Center Health’s mission is to care for people and improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. Our integrated healthcare system includes hospitals in Bowling Green, Albany, Caverna (Horse Cave), Franklin and Scottsville, as well as Commonwealth Regional Specialty Hospital, a long-term, acute care hospital. Combined, the hospitals comprise 454 acute care beds and 110 extended care beds, 400+ physicians in more than 50 specialties. Med Center Health is committed to medical education as a central component to its mission. Our hospital, in partnership with The University of Kentucky (UK) College of Medicine, currently offers multiple Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited training programs designed to produce skilled physicians focused on delivering patient-centered, evidence-based, cost-effective care. Currently, The Medical Center at Bowling Green serves as the primary clinical teaching site for 70+ graduate medical education trainees enrolled across seven ACGME-accredited training programs and an ACGME-accredited Psychiatry community track program. In addition, the UK College of Medicine established a four-year regional campus in Bowling Green in partnership with Med Center Health and Western Kentucky University.
About Bowling Green and South Central, Kentucky:
Bowling Green, the third most populous city in the state of Kentucky, is located just 60 miles north of Nashville, Tennessee, and 110 miles south of Louisville. The 2020 U.S. Census Bureau total for Bowling Green is 72,294, and the population of Warren County is 134,554. Bowling Green is honored with being named one of The South’s Best Cities on the Rise 2022 by Southern Living readers and was ranked by MONEY Magazine as The Best Place to Live in Kentucky in 2018.
For a full listing of community resources, schools, businesses, industries, and attractions, please visit:
- Bowling Green Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce
- City of Bowling Green
Cayla Rios, Physician Recruiter | PhysicianRecruiter@MCHealth.net