Organ Donation FAST FACTS
- No one is too old to be an organ donor.
- All major religions in the U.S. support organ donation.
- Doctors work just as hard to save the lives of registered donors.
- Organ donation does not cost the donor family anything.
- Organ donation can give solace to a family experiencing grief and pain.
4 Easy Steps to Increase Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation
- Register your decision to be a donor at donatelifeky.org.
- Tell your family and friends about your decision to Donate Life.
- Visit donatelifeky.org to discover ways you can be a champion of the cause.
- Ask others to visit donatelifeky.org to learn more and register.
About the Donate Life Hospital Campaign
This national initiative, sponsored by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, challenges healthcare organizations to educate employees, patients, visitors, and the community about the crucial need for organ, eye, and tissue donation and give them opportunities to sign up as donors.
Overall, this year’s Donate Life Hospital Campaign saw unprecedented numbers. Nearly 1,700 small and large hospitals were involved, including 351 first-time participants—setting a new record for the campaign. More than 59,000 donor registrations were reported—a 22% increase over the previous year—bringing the nine-year total for the Hospital Campaign to 552,026. That’s a lot of hope for those on the waiting list!
The 2021 Hospital Campaign begins October 1, 2020 – be sure to watch for more information on how you can be a part of this important initiative!
Learn more at organdonor.gov.