The Medical Center at Franklin has been providing outstanding healthcare services for residents in Franklin and Simpson Counties since 1969. With more than 400 healthcare providers in more than 50 specialties, patients have access to the best accredited experts closer to home. We feature a full-service emergency room available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and a 25-bed acute care hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient services. From diagnostic and radiology services to physician specialty clinics, we provide residents of Simpson County and Portland, Tennessee with comprehensive healthcare services close to home.
Patients of The Medical Center at Franklin also have access to The Medical Center at Bowling Green, a full-service hospital featuring Med Center Health Heart, Lung & Vascular Surgeons, Southcentral Kentucky’s only open heart surgery program; The Cancer Treatment Center for Southern Kentucky; and Obstetrics and Neonatology Services.
A History of Outstanding Patient Care
Established in 1969, The Medical Center at Franklin is a 25-bed critical access, acute care hospital located in Franklin, Ky. The hospital provides both inpatient and outpatient services. Med Center Health is the flagship brand of Commonwealth Health Corporation (CHC), the parent company of The Medical Center at Franklin.
In recent years The Medical Center at Franklin has completed several expansion and renovation projects including a $4 million surgery expansion in 2011. With these facility enhancements, residents of southern Kentucky and northern Tennessee have access to one of the most modern facilities and experienced doctors in the region.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available by appointment. Please contact the facility for availability of vaccine for those under the age of 18. Persons with an appointment for the vaccine who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Call 270-586-5888 for an appointment.
- To schedule appointments for those under 18 years of age, please call for further information.
- Vaccination is administered at Med Center Health Primary Care Franklin, 1020 South Main Street, Franklin.
- Arrive at the front door for screening and you will be directed to the Vaccine Clinic Area.
Med Center Health will bill insurance companies for administration costs and individuals will not incur any costs. The vaccine will be provided regardless of whether or not a person has insurance. People requesting the vaccine must be Kentucky residents. A Kentucky driver’s license or form of Identification to prove residency and age will be required. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to your scheduled appointment. Persons with an appointment for the vaccine who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Testing for COVID-19 is available Monday-Friday from 7 am to 5 pm outside the Medical Pavilion in designated parking spots. When you arrive, please remain in your car and call 270-598-4935. After business hours and on weekends, testing is done at the ER.
- Acute Care
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Home Care Program
- Hospitalist Program
- Industrial Health Solutions
- Pain Clinic
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Care
- Senior Perspectives
- Stroke Care
- Swing Bed
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- General Surgery
- OB/GYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
STroke Awareness: Do you know the signs?
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death and is the leading cause of serious, long-term disability in America. A stroke happens when a blood vessel bringing blood and oxygen to the brain ruptures or becomes blocked. When this occurs, brain cells do not get the flow of blood they need and die within minutes. The devastating effects of a stroke can become permanent if help is not sought immediately. If you suspect someone is having a stroke, remember the acronym BE FAST and call 911 right away.
- Balance – Have they fallen? Are they dizzy or clutching at something to steady themselves?
- Eyes – Is there a sudden loss of vision or blurring in one or both eyes?
- Face – Is one side of the face drooping or does the face look uneven?
- Arms – Is one arm weak or numb? Do they have difficulty lifting an arm?
- Speech – Is speech slurred or confused?
- Time – If you see any of the symptoms above, call 9-1-1 now! If you can, make note of the time you first noticed the symptoms start.
The Medical Center at Franklin has been certified by The Joint Commission as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital.
1100 Brookhaven RoadFranklin, KY 42134