Education and Support
For expectant moms and new dads, the world they live in is about to change completely. We understand this at Med Center Health. That’s why we have created Women and Newborn Services education and support, to help you learn all you need to know before you carry that precious bundle home for the first time. The best part is these classes are free.
Fostering Knowledge and Support For New Parents
You may not know what exactly to expect when you bring your baby home the first time, but we’re here to help. Med Center Health’s education and support services have created a series of classes to help new parents prepare for their new baby, and reduce the stress associated with being a new parent.
Taught by pediatric specialists and professionals, our classes cover what to expect physically, medically, and emotionally, as well as helping you think about child-proofing every room in your home to keep baby safe.
Our classes include Prepared Childbirth, Breastfeeding Basics, Newborn Care and Safety and Maternity Services Tour among others.
Learn more about Med Center Health’s classes for expectant parents.
- Breastfeeding Basics – covers the benefits of breastfeeding, techniques, pumping and how to get the best start for you and your baby.
- C-Section Class – offers information and discussion on Cesarean surgery, including how to prepare for returning home after surgery.
- Grandparents Class – offers an update for grandparents on the many changes and advances in infant care since you raised your children. A pediatrician will discuss the latest techniques and answer questions.
- Newborn Care and Safety – hands-on skills training and a discussion of safety issues for newborns. Includes infant CPR demonstration, so bring a doll or stuffed animal on which to practice.
- Prepared Childbirth Class (series) – information, techniques and facility tours to help you and your partner get ready for the birth of your child.
- Maternity Services Tour – opportunity to tour our Maternity Unit and visit Labor & Delivery and Post Partum.
- Siblings Class – for ages 3 and up to help prepare brothers and sisters for the arrival of a new baby. Siblings are encouraged to bring a doll or stuffed animal.
- Twins or More – information to help prepare parents of multiples for the unique challenges ahead. Support networks will be discussed. The class is led by nurse who is also the parent of twins.
- Real Talk: Life after Childbirth – A class for women only. You have read about birth and prepared all that you can. The baby has arrived. Now, what to expect? For many moms, this part is overlooked. Learn what to expect from physical to lifestyle changes and things to consider in recovering and healing after having your baby.