The Herbert A. Oldham Scholarship Fund is established with the College Heights Foundation through a gift made by Med Center Health designated for this purpose.
The purpose of the Scholarship Fund is to pay tribute to Herbert A. Oldham and to recognize the contributions he has made to the communities of Southcentral Kentucky. Mr. Oldham’s dedication to education and healthcare has gained the respect and admiration of his colleagues and all with whom he came in contact.
This scholarship is for the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 academic year and may be awarded to one student or divided between two students. It includes the cost equivalent to in-state tuition and allowance for books, which will be awarded annually. The award is not renewable.
To recognize the effective leadership Mr. Oldham has provided and his dedicated service as a member of the Board of Directors of Med Center Health, recipients of the Herbert A. Oldham Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Member of an underrepresented population; specifically, African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian or Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American.
- Graduating senior of one of Warren County’s six high schools: Bowling Green High School, Greenwood High School, South Warren High School, Warren Central High School, Warren East High School, or Geo International High School.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Western Kentucky University for the term in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Recipients must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in each semester that the award is received.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on need.