The Graduate Medical Education Department provides access to various services designed specifically for residents and fellows to receive support in dealing with the unique needs of individuals in residency. Counseling services can help identify and resolve problems including but not limited to work, career and/or personal. Information for counseling and mental health resources available in Bowling Green, Kentucky as well as Lexington, Kentucky is provided below.
BOWLING GREEN RESOURCES
Non-emergent Counseling and Mental Health Resources
Western Kentucky University Department of Psychology Training Clinic: (270) 745-2696
- Rick Grieve, Psy.D., Director of the WKU Doctor of Psychology in Applied Psychology program
- Open to WKU students and community members
- Cost is $10 per session
Talley Family Counseling Center: (270) 745-4204
- Program website: www.wku.edu/talleycounseling/
- Todd Noffsinger, MAE, LPCC, Clinical Director
- Provides professional counseling services to individuals, couples, and families at no cost.
- Flexible appointment times
- Free, onsite parking
- Fully confidential
Both programs are located within Gary A. Ransdell Hall located on Western Kentucky University’s campus at the corner of Regents Avenue and Normal Drive in Bowling Green, KY. No affiliation with WKU is required.
Emergent Counseling and Mental Health Resources
In emergent situations including actively suicidal, emergent psychiatric services are available via The Medical Center Emergency Room.
LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY RESOURCES
For more information regarding counseling and mental health resources available to University of Kentucky residents and fellows visit the GME Lexington Emotional Resources page.