Med Center Health announces the 30th Exhibit of Women in the Arts. We are pleased to provide female artists with an opportunity to showcase their work. The exhibit is open to any female artist over 18 years old residing in Kentucky.
We are proud to offer The 2022 Special Purchase Award. The exhibition committee and a juror will select the Special Purchase Award piece which will be purchased by and displayed at The Medical Center. Creating an atmosphere of safety and comfort is important for healing and recuperation. Consequently, artwork purchased by The Medical Center is intended to enhance a healing atmosphere.
Calendar of Events
Entry forms due to Health & Wellness. (No corrections accepted after this date.)
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Delivery of works to The Medical Center-WKU Health Sciences Complex, 700 E 1st Avenue. This is the only time works will be accepted.
Selection of awards by juror.
5 – 6:30 p.m.
Reception – each artist and a guest are invited to attend a reception at The Medical Center-WKU Health Sciences Complex. Awards will be presented at the reception.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Exhibit open to the public at The Medical Center-WKU Health Sciences Complex.
12 – 2 p.m.
Artists pick up work.
Art Forms Accepted
Health & Wellness must receive Entry Form & fee by May 2, 2022.
- Painting – oil, acrylic, mixed-media, watercolor (size limit 36”X42”)
- Works on Paper – drawings, prints, collages
- Fiber Works – weaving, surface designs, original stitchery
- Sculpture/Ceramics – Any original sculptures or ceramics are accepted. Any molds used must be originally designed by the artist.
- Photography – Any combination of original black and white or color prints will be accepted. Both traditional and non-traditional photographic processes may be entered.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY
- Each artist must submit a $20 entry fee. Each artist may submit no more than two works. The entry fee covers all works submitted.
- Utilitarian works or works created with the aid of a kit will not be accepted.
- All works must be adequately prepared for hanging with appropriately sized eyelets and wires. Note: Works that present hanging or installation problems will not be accepted.
- The exhibition committee maintains the right to determine whether entries are appropriate for this exhibition.
- Works which do not meet acceptable standards will not be considered by the juror for awards.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last two years.
FRAMING AND MATTING
- All photographs and works on paper must be framed.
- All frames must be standard metal or wood.
- All frames must be equipped with wire for hanging. Note: Saw tooth hangers are not acceptable.
- All photos and works on paper must be under glass or plexiglass. Note: Plexiglass is recommended for frames larger than 24 inches.
DELIVERY AND RETURN
- All works must be delivered by hand on June 1 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Works must be picked up Sunday, June 5, from 12-2 p.m.
- No works will be released before before the close of the exhibit on June 4 or to anyone other than the artist without written authorization from the artist.
- Works may not be withdrawn before the closing of the exhibition.
- Selling of artwork is optional.
- 6% Kentucky Sales Tax will be added to each purchase.
- Payment is to be made by check payable to the artist.
- Works submitted for exhibition will be handled with the utmost care to maintain condition and ensure safety; however, Med Center Health cannot assume liability for loss or damage.
- Artists should arrange for their own insurance if they choose to insure their work.
- Med Center Health cannot be responsible for works not picked up at the close of the exhibition.