Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Visitation Restrictions
Visitation restrictions are in effect at all Med Center Health hospitals and Cal Turner Rehab & Specialty Care.
Using technology and cameras to speed diagnosis
When you choose The Medical Center at Bowling Green Endoscopy Department, you’re getting the best care available to diagnose and treat issues in the stomach, intestines and lungs. Thanks to the latest technology, most of our procedures are non-invasive and can be completed with the patient returning home within hours instead of days.
Our procedures are used to diagnose symptoms like abdominal pain, problems swallowing, heartburn, esophagitis, chronic diarrhea, ulcers, tumors, intestinal bleeding, colon cancer, polyps, colitis, bleeding lesions, anemia and others.
Tiny cameras, positioned on medical instruments, allow doctors to view inside a patient’s body and check for tumors, polyps or other problems. For some tests like Electromagnetic Navigation BronchoscopyTM and Ultrasound Bronchoscopy. The Bronchoscopy allows doctors to view lung areas and biopsy (take a tissue) sample to check for malignancy.
For patients with chronic indigestion or nausea after eating, the Esophageal Manometry test can determine if the muscles in your esophagus are operating properly.
When your doctor prescribes diagnostic treatment, you can rely on Med Center Health for the latest technology and expert staff caring for your needs.
treatment and services
- Gastroscopy: A procedure with a small camera to view the interior of the stomach.
- Colonoscopy: A procedure with a small camera to view the interior of the colon.
- Electromagnetic Navigation BronchoscopyTM: A procedure with a lighted tube to examine the lungs and ability to collect biopsy if necessary.
- Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy: New technology using a camera to check difficult areas in airways for tumors, eliminating the need for surgery.
- Esophageal Manometry: tests connection between esophagus and stomach for reflux disease, other issues.
conditions we treat
The Medical Center at Bowling Green Endoscopy Department provides specialized procedures used to diagnose problems related to the lungs, stomach and intestines including the following:
- Problems with swallowing
- Abdominal pain
- Intestinal bleeding
- Esophagitis and heartburn
- Colon cancer
- Bleeding lesions
- Chronic diarrhea