The Floyd Ellis Scholarship Fund is established with the College Heights Foundation through a gift made by Med Center Health.
The purpose of the Scholarship Fund is to pay tribute to Floyd Ellis and to recognize the contributions he made to the communities of Southcentral Kentucky. Mr. Ellis’ dedication to his profession gained the respect and admiration of his colleagues and all with whom he came in contact.
This scholarship is for the Fall 2024–Spring 2025 academic year and may be awarded to one student or divided between two students. It includes the cost equivalent to in-state tuition and an allowance for books, which will be awarded annually.
To recognize the effective leadership Mr. Ellis provided in the position of President of Warren Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation (WRECC) and his dedicated service as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Med Center Health, recipients of the Floyd Ellis Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Dependent child of an employee of WRECC.
- Full-time student at Western Kentucky University. A study program in a healthcare-related field is not required, but is preferred.
- The scholarship is available for incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- If no undergraduate candidate is qualified, the scholarship may be given to a qualified graduate student.
- Recipients must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in each semester that the award is received.
The award is not renewable; however, recipients may re-apply and will be considered for the award in subsequent years.
Please complete the online application or download and mail completed application and accompanying documents to:
Med Center Health
ATTN: Amy Hardin
800 Park Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Application and accompanying documents due by Friday, March 15, 2024.
For more information, contact Amy Hardin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 270.745.1535 with any questions.
** Applicants will not be considered if all requested information is not included.**