Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Visitation Restrictions
Visitation restrictions are in effect at all Med Center Health hospitals and Cal Turner Rehab & Specialty Care.
The Community Clinic currently operates two programs that ease the financial burden to patients in need of basic medical and dental care. The Community Clinic (formerly Commonwealth Health Free Clinic) coordinates basic medical and referral services for eligible patients while The Dental Clinic offers a low cost alternative for those in need of basic dental care.
Community Clinic Specialties
Basic medical services for eligible patients are now being provided by Medical Center Primary Care located at 1901 Scottsville Road in Bowling Green. Patients must meet the Community Clinic’s guidelines for eligibility. Basic care includes acute care such as coughs, colds and flu as well as chronic care conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- All eligible patients must provide proof of family income at their appointment with Medical Center Primary Care (current paystub or prior year’s Federal Tax 1040 are preferred sources of income verification).
- Picture ID is required at every visit.
- Prescription assistance is available to all qualifying Community Clinic patients.
- Patients referred to specialists by Community Clinic may be eligible for additional assistance.
Appointments can be made by calling Medical Center Primary Care at 270-901-0629 during regular business hours.
Community Clinic Eligibility Guidelines
- Patients must reside in Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson or Warren counties (exceptions may apply). Patients must meet eligibility criteria of being uninsured.
- Patients are required to provide current Federal Tax 1040 information on first visit and then annually. Non-filing patients must complete a federal 4506-T (provided) to qualify for eligibility and charity care discounts.
- Patient’s failure to keep a scheduled appointment without 24-hour notification may cause dismissal from future eligibility.
Uninsured patients are those who:
- Fall under hardship guidelines of the Affordable Care Act, as determined by Kentucky law.
- Have difficulty accessing health insurance coverage.
- Are in transition between insurance plans.
All qualifying patients will attest that their family income falls at or below 250% of the national poverty guidelines. See the table below for the guidelines.
|Each Additional Member||$4,970|
Incomes below 200% will be required to show a MCH Financial Aid denial for consideration. Incomes below 138% may be required to show a Medicaid denial for consideration.