What is it?
The Med Center Health Scholar Program is a student loan forgiveness program providing educational assistance to students pursuing healthcare-related degrees in specified areas of workforce need. The amount of funding is determined on a calendar year basis and is based on the degree program and institution the Scholar is attending.
How does it work?
After completion of the application and interview processes, those accepted as a Med Center Health Scholar will sign a contract agreeing to work for Med Center Health for a specified period upon graduation. The length and terms of the loan forgiveness work commitment are based on the amount of funding received. During the work forgiveness commitment period, the loan is eligible to be forgiven. IRS regulations require these funds to be taxed as they are forgiven. The amount of financial assistance is dependent upon the degree program and institution the Scholar is attending.
Registration and Application Process:
- Fill out the online application and upload the documents listed below.
- Transcript and letter of acceptance into the healthcare-related program. Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation (two professional references and 1 faculty reference).
- One-page essay highlighting your commitment to healthcare and explain why this program would benefit you. Include any community service you have completed, especially if it is healthcare related.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
- Eligible candidates will be contacted to begin the interview process.
- All communication regarding the status of your application will be sent through email or text.