Know Your 2018-2019 Enrollment
It’s almost Annual Open Enrollment, which means it’s time to review your benefit options for the upcoming 2018 – 2019 plan year. At Med Center Health, we’re pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you choices – but it’s up to you to select the plans that best meet your needs in the upcoming new plan year. Open Enrollment begins February 5 and ends on February 18.
Each year, we step back and take a look at what’s going on in the world of health care and benefits – especially when it comes to rising costs. We look at what other health care systems are doing and how Med Center Health employees have used our plans during the previous year. While we try to absorb as much of the rising costs as possible, some of those additional costs are passed along to employees. We encourage you to be good consumers of health care and to take advantage of all the tools, resources and preventive care benefits that are offered with our benefit plans because you play an important role in helping to control these costs.
Changes for the 2018 – 2019 Plan Year Will Include the Following:
We will continue to offer three medical plans: Gold, Silver and Bronze. (Remember to Ask Alex when selecting the plan best for you).
- 7% Increase to Pay Period Contributions
While the per-pay period costs has increased for all 3 plans, you can reduce the impact to you by avoiding the Tobacco Surcharge (extra $27 per pay period), by earning up to $500 in Get Fit Club deposits to your HRA for you and for your spouse (if covered in the plan) and by setting up a Medical Flexible Spending Account.
- Use Med Center Health Facilities
When you use a Med Center Health facility for inpatient, outpatient, rehab services, labs and x-rays, you save money because your benefits are paid at the highest level. NEW THIS YEAR: You pay $25 for a CT Lung Scan at a Med Center Health facility.
- Use Med Center Health Facilities
- Use of the Enspire Network
When you use our own network of providers you pay less! The Enspire Network is stronger than ever and now covers most specialty areas. You pay a $20 office co-pay when you see an Enspire provider (if you are in the Gold or Silver Plan); and you pay 40% with no deductible if you are in the Bronze Plan.
- Center Care Network:
Gold and Silver Plans: The office co-pay for the Center Care Network will increase to $60. Exceptions: $20 co-pay for Center Care providers in Dermatology, Urology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Psychologists and $40 office co-pay for Center Care providers in Allergy & Immunology, Hematology & Oncology, Neurology and Ophthalmology.
Bronze Plan: The office visit for Center Care Network will increase to 45% after deductible. Exceptions: 40% no deductible for Center Care providers in Dermatology, Urology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Psychologists and 40% after deductible for Center Care providers in Allergy & Immunology, Hematology & Oncology, Neurology and Ophthalmology.
- Increase to Annual Deductibles and Maximum Out of Pocket Limits
- $150 increase in the annual deductible (remember no deductibles for Med Center Health facilities and Enspire providers).
- $300 increase to Maximum Out of Pocket limits.
- Changes to the Prescription Drug Plan
- $50 increase per person to the annual pharmacy deductible
- $5.00 increase in the maximum co-pay limits
- 100% co-pay for Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
Dental, Vision and Other Benefit Plans
No premium increases to the Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Cancer or Voluntary Long Term Disability Plan.
- The Dental Plan will now cover implants and emergency office visits.
- Reliance Standard will be our new administrator for Voluntary Life and Voluntary Long Term Disability. There is no increase in the premiums that you pay or in the coverage limits. Important: NEW for this Open Enrollment period ONLY, you can enroll in Voluntary Life insurances with guaranteed issue and not answer health questions.
Your Next Steps for Enrollment
- Beginning February 2nd, Ask Alex at myalex.com/medcenterhealth/2018.
- Watch your emails for important Open Enrollment information.
- Review the Open Enrollment toolkit by clicking on the Annual Open Enrollment icon on your desktop.
- Attend one of the Open Enrollment sessions listed below with your specific questions or for assistance in completing Open Enrollment.
|Medical Center Bowling Green
|Medical Center Caverna
Primary Care Clinic Classroom
Medical Center Bowling Green
|Medical Center Albany
|Medical Center Scottsville
|Medical Center Franklin
|February 6, 2018 through February 18, 2018||Medical Center Bowling Green
Classroom # 1
|*If Classroom # 1 at Medical Center Bowling Green is locked call IT Help Desk at extension 1560.|