Few problems are more alarming to a patient than the inability to breathe. The respiratory department staff at The Medical Center at Franklin are trained to handle any emergency or illness, whether it’s a mild respiratory infection, an exacerbation of asthma or COPD (chronic bronchitis or emphysema), trauma, or any other medical emergency.
Our Respiratory Therapists (RT) are credentialed through the National Board of Respiratory Care and the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care. They are professionally trained and passed rigorous board exams in respiratory care. Each RT is also trained through continuing education and competency examinations for all ages of patients.
Each therapist works closely with physicians and nurses to properly diagnose and treat any condition which affects the respiratory system. Should the need arise for referral services, The Medical Center at Franklin has an excellent collaboration network with area specialists and hospitals.
The respiratory department prides itself on providing excellent care in any treatment or therapy encountered, and is committed to providing the best possible care to every single patient. With a staff that averages over 18 years in respiratory therapy, every RT is an outstanding asset to The Medical Center at Franklin.
Our Services Include:
- Bronchodilator Therapy
- Full Assistance in the Emergency Department
- Invasive and Non-invasive Mechanical Ventilation
- CPAP and BiPAP Therapies
- Oxygen Assessments and Therapies
- Patient Education:
- Asthma Education
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
- Forced Vital Capacity Pulmonary Function Testing
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling and Analysis
- Referral Services to:
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green Sleep Center
- MedEquip for home respiratory and medical equipment services.
- Numerous Respiratory Therapies, Including:
- Bronchial-Pulmonary Hygiene
- Hyperinflation Therapies
- Coughing and Deep Breathing Techniques
- Airway Clearance Therapies
- Suctioning and Tracheostomy Therapies
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services