Few problems are more alarming to a patient than not being able to breathe. Our respiratory staff can handle any emergency or illness, including:
- Respiratory infection
- Exacerbation of asthma or COPD (chronic bronchitis or emphysema)
- Any other medical emergency
Our Respiratory Therapists (RTs) are professionally trained and have passed rigorous board exams. They are credentialed through the National Board for Respiratory Care and the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care. Each RT also undergoes continuing education and competency exams for all ages of patients.
Each therapist works closely with physicians and nurses. If referrals are needed, we have an excellent collaboration network with area specialists and hospitals.
The respiratory department prides itself on providing excellent care. We are committed to delivering the best possible care to every single patient.
Our Services Include:
- Bronchodilator Therapy
- Full Assistance in the Emergency Department
- Invasive and Non-invasive Mechanical Ventilation
- CPAP and BiPAP Therapies
- Oxygen Assessments and Therapies
- Patient Education:
- Asthma Education
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
- Forced Vital Capacity Pulmonary Function Testing
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling and Analysis
- Referral Services to:
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green Sleep Center
- MedEquip for home respiratory and medical equipment services.
- Numerous Respiratory Therapies, Including:
- Bronchial-Pulmonary Hygiene
- Hyperinflation Therapies
- Coughing and Deep Breathing Techniques
- Airway Clearance Therapies
- Suctioning and Tracheostomy Therapies