Rehabilitation Services at The Medical Center at Scottsville is dedicated to helping you reach your recovery goals as quickly as possible. We have comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services for all your rehabilitation needs, including some services that are rare in a small town like Scottsville.
Beyond having the services you require, we understand what matters to you most – getting back to the simple things of daily life. Our knowledgeable staff will develop a personalized treatment plan for you that will get you back to your favorite daily activities.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation focuses on assisting patients with heart issues or patients who are recovering from heart surgery. It is a medically-supervised program to help improve cardiovascular health with emphasis on exercise counseling and training, heart-healthy living, and stress reduction.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation focuses on assisting patients with lung diseases improve lung function, decrease symptoms severity, and improve quality of life with supervised exercise and education.
- Physical Therapy focuses on restoring range of motion, strength, balance, and endurance to maximize functional mobility.
- Occupational Therapy focuses on restoring the patient’s ability to perform daily activities such as dressing, bathing, eating, and completing household tasks in order to maximize independence.
- Speech Therapy assists patients in overcoming communication disorders, speech challenges and swallowing problems to improve quality of life.
Other services include:
- Manual Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Swallow Studies and Therapy
- Communication Disorder Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Ergonomic Training
- Wound Care
- Lymphedema Management
- Hand Therapy
- Pediatric Therapy
- Balance Training
- Vestibular Rehabilitation (vertigo, dizziness)
- Pre- and Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Home Assessments and Modifications