Information for Students

WKU Health Services is here for you when you get sick, need to see a doctor, or if you have healthcare-related questions. Here we will break down all the things you need to know if you find yourself needing help.


WKU Health Services is open Monday-Friday from 8 am – 6 pm and 8 am – 4:30 pm on Fridays. If you are not feeling well or you need to see a healthcare provider, simply call (270) 745-CARE (2273) to make an appointment during this time. 

You will need your driver’s license or other official form of ID and your insurance card (if available) at the time of your appointment. Insurance is not required to be seen by a healthcare provider.

We are located on the Bowling Green campus, next door to Jody Richards Hall and across the street from Gary Ransdell Hall. The closest Topper Transit stop is at Gary Ransdell Hall. If you drive, we have a parking lot where you may park for free while you are seeing a healthcare provider.

Absentee slips are available for students to provide proof that you were seen by one of our providers on a specific day and time. The slip is not an excuse from class — that is up to your professor.


If you are having a physical or mental emergency, you should always call 911, no matter what time of day or night. You may also call or text the Suicide Hotline at 988. There is no shame in asking for help! 

The Medical Center at Bowling Green Emergency Department is a short drive away from campus for emergencies after hours. If the emergency is life-threatening, call 911 immediately.

If you are sick or need to see a healthcare provider during weekends or during times WKU Health Services is not open, Medical Center Urgentcare is open everyday from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. Located at 291 New Towne Drive off Lover’s Lane in Bowling Green, you may access Medical Center Urgentcare by car or via the GO BG Transit System.


We know you have lots of questions, and we are here to help. 

I am having a crisis or I don’t feel safe. Who do I call?

Any time you feel your life is in danger, you should call 911. The WKU Police are located on campus and will immediately respond. If you are having a mental health crisis, you may also call or text 988 from your cell phone. 

What services can I access at WKU Health Services?

Please visit our Services Page for a complete listing of services. If a service you need is not offered, Med Center Health offers a comprehensive list of specialty providers nearby.

I take allergy shots. Can I get those at WKU Health Services?

Yes. WKU Health Services can administer your allergy shots. Please call (270) 745-CARE to make arrangements.

I need an immunization. Can I get it at WKU Health Services?

Yes, WKU Health Services offers a range of immunizations needed for study abroad, student teaching, healthcare clinicals, or for things like influenza, HPV or COVID-19.  Please call (270) 745-CARE to make an appointment for an immunization.

I am concerned for my sexual wellness. Can WKU Health Services help?

Yes, WKU Health Services can assist you with a variety of services from testing for things such as pregnancy, HIV or other sexually transmitted infections to providing physical examinations, or counseling on birth control. 

I wish for my visit to remain confidential. Do you have to bill it to my insurance?

At WKU Health Services, every visit is confidential between the patient and the healthcare provider. In the event you do not wish your visit to be billed to insurance, you may pay in cash for services and treatments received. 

Who may have access to my medical records?

If you are under the age of 18, there are circumstances where your parent/guardian may access your medical record. If you are over 18, only you may access your medical record unless you sign a written consent authorizing your record to be released to someone else including your primary care physician at home, your parents, or other individuals. Your provider will be able to answer any additional questions upon your visit.

Does WKU Health Services have a pharmacy?

There are certain medications WKU Health Services will be able to provide to you such as antibiotics, immunizations or allergy shots. There are a number of pharmacies in Bowling Green, including a CVS which is within walking distance of campus, and Med Center Health’s Riverside Pharmacy is just a short drive away.

What are my payment options at WKU Health Services?

Med Center Health at WKU Health Services is in network with all major insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare. We also accept the WKU Student Health Insurance plan. If there is an out-of-network patient responsibility, the self-pay discount fee schedule can be used.

WKU Health Services allows patients the option to pay in cash for services rendered at our clinic as opposed to billing those services to insurance.

Where can I pay my bill?

You or your parent or guardian may visit Commonwealth Financial Resources to pay your WKU Health Services bill.

Need additional information? Contact us at (270) 745-CARE.

If you are experiencing a physical or mental emergency, call 911 immediately. You may also reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline 24/7 by dialing or texting 988.