Women in the Arts Exhibit Opens March 10, Winners Announced
Roiann R. Ridley won the 2023 Special Purchase award for her “Pink Peony on Paper.” This was her first time ever entering an art competition. Her artwork has been purchased by The Medical Center, and it will be hung up somewhere on the hospital’s campus. She was awarded $100, plus the purchase price of her piece.
Pictured above: Roiann R. Ridley, Special Purchase Award winner, with "Pink Peony on Paper." Photo by Joe Imel, BG Daily News.
Arlene Berry won the Artworks Award for her piece titled “Came the Waves.” She was also given $100 from The Medical Center.
Eight others won the Merit Award and $100 from The Medical Center. Five others were selected as an honorable mention, and they were given $50 each from The Medical Center.
- Kim Jones, Tapestry #5
- Judith Ellen Gray, Composite 37
- Kathryn Brooke Coughenour, My Anatomy
- Kiley Rone, Trying
- Norma J. Anderson, Reminiscent
- Jennifer L. Vaughn, Big Red
- Nancy Azneer, Tiger on the Rock
- Sheila Reeves – Wakulla Springs Autumn
- Kim Elizabeth Soule, Golden Vibrations
- Lorie Short, Preachin Blues Man
- Heather R. Maas, Angry Uterus
- Suzanne Renfrow, Lotus Jar
The 31st Exhibit of Women in the Arts is open to the public Friday, March 10 and Saturday, March 11 at The Medical Center-WKU Health Sciences Complex. The exhibit is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. The exhibit provides female artists who reside in Kentucky with an opportunity to showcase their work. Categories include original paintings, sculptures, ceramics, works on paper, fiber works and photography.