Med Center Health Foundation, through the generosity of Jacque Woodward and her family, has created a scholarship in memory of Gary Alan Woodward, her husband, to help future nurses. Gary Alan Woodward was an RN who served his community with dedication and honor, and who died of COVID-19. This scholarship will continue his legacy.
The scholarship will support a Med Center Health employee who has been accepted into a Western Kentucky University nursing program. This scholarship is available starting Fall semester 2021. It is a $2,000 scholarship to be applied to tuition, required textbooks and fees.
- To qualify for the nursing scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by Med Center Health (MCH). (Preference is an employee of The
- Medical Center at Scottsville, but not limited to this facility.)
- Completed 3 years of service with commendable or above performance review ratings
- Personal interview
- Be previously accepted into a WKU nursing program (with an established completion date)
- Maintain minimum 2.75 GPA requirement
- Agree to work for MCH upon graduation for the term of one year
- Passionate about learning how to provide excellent patient care
- Enthusiastic about continuous learning and teaching others
- Demonstrates ability to work in team environment
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Download the application for details. Please contact the Foundation at 270-745-1543 for more information.