This scholarship was created by James W. Brite (d.) and Mary Carolyn Wolfe Brite to support those pursuing their nursing degree. Mrs. Brite served as a nurse for many years and knows first-hand the importance and the vital role it plays in healthcare. Her dedication and passion for making sure there is help for those needing financial support is overwhelming. This scholarship will help fulfill the need for nurses for future generations.
This scholarship is available starting Spring 2021. It includes $6,000 ($3,000 per semester) to be applied to tuition, required textbooks and fees.
To qualify for the nursing scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by Med Center Health (MCH)
- Completed 3 years of service with commendable or above performance review ratings
- Personal interview
- Be previously accepted into a WKU nursing program (with an established completion date)
- Establish a financial need (submit most recent 1040 form)
- Maintain minimum 2.75 GPA requirement for continuation of scholarship
- Agree to work for MCH upon graduation as a full time RN for the term of one year for each year the scholarship was awarded
Application Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020.
Please contact Med Center Health Foundation at 270-745-1543 for more information.