Med Center Health Foundation, through the generosity of Mary Carolyn Brite, widow of James W. Brite, a long time member of The Medical Center board, and Community Clinic and The Dental Clinic board, is offering a Nursing Scholarship for students actively enrolled in an accredited Nursing Program at Western Kentucky University to become a Registered Nurse. This nursing scholarship is available to nursing students in either an Associate Degree Nursing Program or a Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Program.
The scholarship is for the Fall 2020–Spring 2021 academic year. It includes $6,000 to be applied to tuition, required textbooks and fees.
To qualify for the nursing scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by Med Center Health (MCH)
- Completed 3 years of service with commendable or above performance review ratings
- Personal interview
- Be previously accepted into a WKU nursing program (with an established completion date)
- Establish a financial need (submit most recent 1040 form)
- Maintain minimum 2.75 GPA requirement for continuation of scholarship
- Agree to work for MCH upon graduation as a full time RN for the term of one year for each year the scholarship was awarded
To be considered for the nursing scholarship you must submit:
- Completed Application
- College Transcript (current)
- Two Professional Reference Letters
(All requested information must be submitted with application)