Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
To safeguard patients, visitors and staff from the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), restrictions are in effect at all six hospitals within its healthcare system effective March 18, 2020. Visitor restrictions are in accordance with a directive from Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear to all Kentucky hospitals. The hospitals are: The Medical Center at Bowling Green; The Medical Center at Albany; The Medical Center at Caverna (Horse Cave); The Medical Center at Franklin; The Medical Center at Scottsville; and Commonwealth Regional Specialty Hospital located in The Medical Center at Bowling Green.
Med Center Health has implemented the following visitor restrictions:
- All individuals entering the hospitals will be screened prior to entry.
- Only one visitor at a time, over the age of 16, will be allowed. Exceptions will be made for end-of-life situations and pediatric needs.
- Non-essential visitors, vendors and contractors are prohibited from hospital facilities while these restrictions are in place.
- Visitors are reminded to wash their hands with soap and water when entering and leaving patient rooms. Those with fever, runny nose, body aches, or respiratory symptoms should not visit.
In addition, the following restrictions apply to The Medical Center at Bowling Green:
- Maternity & Women’s Health — In addition to the patient’s spouse/partner/support person, grandparents and siblings (16 years and older) will be allowed to visit. Please keep the number of visitors to two at a time.
- NICU — One birth parent plus one significant other.
On March 12, Med Center Health announced the following visitation restrictions at Cal Turner Rehab & Specialty Care:
- Visitations will be allowed only for end-of-life care, and those visitors are limited to immediate family or legal guardians only.
- Visitors who fall into this category will be screened for signs of illness, including having their temperature taken.
- Those allowed to enter the facility will be escorted to and from the resident’s room. At no time will a visitor be permitted to enter or leave a resident’s room without an escort.
These restrictions will continue for an undetermined amount of time as we monitor the spread of COVID-19.