Interested in advancing your career in healthcare? Med Center Health is excited to introduce a new career academy in partnership with Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC). The Med Center Health Career Academy provides financial support and workplace flexibility to current employees who desire to advance their healthcare careers as a Registered Nurse within Med Center Health.
ANNOUNCING OUR FIRST LAUNCH
In partnership with Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC), Med Center Health employees can complete the two year RN program at SKYCTC and get paid to learn.
Once students complete the first year of the program, you are awarded a diploma in practical nursing from SKYCTC and will then take the LPN licensure exam and transfer into a LPN position.
After completing the second year in the program, students are awarded an associate degree in Nursing from SKYCTC and will be eligible to take the RN licensure exam and transfer to a RN position at Med Center Health.
Paid to Learn
- Tuition and other costs of the program provided at no cost to the employee
- Paid full time hours and full time benefits to earn and learn
- All students have access to a dedicated Success Coach at SKYCTC to assist with registration, orientation and other needs that may arise.
- Once students have graduated and are placed into an RN position, they are assigned a Nurse Mentor to ensure a positive experience during the transition from graduation to an RN position at Med Center Health.
The LPN Program is scheduled to begin on August 16, 2021. The course curriculum can be viewed here. Please note: any students who have already completed prerequisites will not have to repeat those courses, and will begin the program during the spring semester in January 2022. However, applications still must be received by the 2021 deadline.
Current Med Center Health employees who meet SKYCTC’s admission requirements which include, but are not limited to:
- Submit official transcripts (high school and post-secondary)
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Exam for pre-admission
- Complete SKYCTC college application
- Proof of active status on the Kentucky Medicaid Nurse Aide Registry
- Students must maintain a “C” average to remain enrolled in the program.
- Upon graduation, students will be offered a position as an RN working in a bedside nursing role within Med Center Health.
- Students will commit to working as an RN in a full-time bed side nursing role for a total of 24 months following the completion of the program.
Program Application & Selection
Interested and qualified employees must complete an application online no later than July 12, 2021. For more information contact Michele Mefford, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at ext. 5521 or direct dial (270) 796-5521.Apply Now
Be on the lookout for additional pathways to be announced!